1. Mason’s Voice Presents the 5th Annual North Florida King of the Beach on Saturday, August 5, 2023.
2. The fishing hours will be 7:00 am until 3:00 pm
a) No lines in the water intended for King Mackerel prior to 7am or after 3pm.
b) There is no checkout.
c) Boats may NOT leave the boundary to catch bait or deploy lines.
d) The boundaries are the center of the Fernandina/St. Mary’s Inlet (30.42.500) to the Flagler Pier.
e) The East Boundary is 4 statute miles from the beach
f) ALL boats must follow all Florida Fishing Laws.
g) If a fish is hooked and while fighting the fish, you are taken out of bounds you may continue to fight the fish until it is caught or lost but may not deploy lines after completion until you are back in bounds.
h) Boats may begin catching bait within the boundaries via cast net or hook and line at 5:00 am on August 5, 2023.
3. Live bait may NOT be purchased.
a) Live bait must be caught on the Tournament Boat on Tournament Day.
b) Live bait may not be transferred from boat to boat.
c) Purchased dead bait is permitted.
d) All types of live bait are permitted; however, all bait must be caught within the boundary or in the Intracoastal Waterway.
4. After a fish is boated, a photo with the tournament issued OFFICIAL Boat Number on the water with the beach in the background must be taken as soon as possible and sent via text to 904-334-5892.
a) If there is no photo of the fish on the water with the OFFICIAL Boat Number and beach in the background, the fish will be disqualified.
b) Deadline to submit the photo is 4:00pm.
5. Weigh in will open at 2:00 pm and will remain open until 5:30 pm.
a) Fish may be brought to the weigh in by boat or truck.
b) The crew member must be at the tournament site and checked in with your fish by 5:30 pm for your fish to be weighed.
c) Bring your boat number with you to the weigh in.
6. The captain and crew of all entrants are subject to a polygraph at any time during the tournament.
a) 1st and 2nd Place Captains WILL be required to submit and pass a polygraph test prior to being presented any prize.
b) Failure to submit to a polygraph test automatically revokes all claims to prizes and disqualifies the captain and crew from the tournament.
7. All protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament committee with a $500 deposit within 30 minutes of the last fish being weighed on August 5, 2023.
a) If the protest is upheld, the deposit will be returned.
8. The winning fish are categorized below:
a) The heaviest fish with win the 2023 NFKOTB
b) The heaviest 2 fish aggregate will win 2nd Place in the 2023 NFKOTB
c) 3rd-25th Place will return to the single heaviest fish format
d) There will be only one prize per boat excluding Lady Angler, Jr. Angler, Calcutta’s, “Closest To” and the SeaDoo Drawing.
9. NO Electric Reels.
10. No mutilated fish will be weighed.
a) Mutilation is any damage other than gaff marks: The Weighmaster will make decisions regarding mutilation.
b) Please remove all hooks from your fish.
11. Lady and Junior Anglers DO NOT have to fight their fish from start to finish for fish to qualify.
a) Junior Angler must be 15 years or younger when fishing begins to be eligible.
b) Lady Angler must be 16 years old or older when fishing begins to be eligible, otherwise will be considered a Junior Angler.
12. In the case of identical weights, the tie will be broken by the first fish weighed for all places and divisions, including “Closest To” and Calcutta’s.
13. The tournament reserves the right to deny entry to anyone for whatever reason.
14. Rules are subject to change at any time.